30 Nov New ODBC Driver, New Big Data Benefits
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s our new DataDirect Connect for ODBC 7.1 and DataDirect Connect XE for ODBC 7.1 driver! We’re excited to announce that our latest release delivers fast, reliable, secure, and highly scalable connectivity for Apache Hive, a key big data source.
There’s a business need for a premium driver that will support all major distributions of Apache Hadoop Hive cost effectively. The new DataDirect Connect ODBC driver for Apache Hive will deliver the same breadth, quality and efficiency that more than 300 OEM partners and hundreds of thousands of users of the comprehensive DataDirect data connectivity portfolio already enjoy.
For the corporate user, this driver will unlock reams of business intelligence and provide business analysts with the information they need to make accurate decisions quickly and easily. For ISVs and OEMs, this connectivity now means that they can have one driver with DataDirect quality and performance to enable their applications to connect to most versions Hadoop, including Apache Hadoop, MapR Apache Hadoop, Amazon EMR and Cloudera’s distribution of Apache Hadoop.
In addition to Big Data connectivity for Apache Hive, the newly released DataDirect Connect drivers include the following features:
- Cloud database connectivity, with high-performance support for the Microsoft SQL Azure database, enabling efficient SQL access to Microsoft’s relational database service in the cloud.
- Expanded database coverage, with advanced support and certification:
- IBM DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, including SQL enhancements and support for Time Travel Queries
- IBM DB2 pureScale 9.8
- Teradata 14
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, including SQL enhancements and protocol upgrade.
- Expanded native database security for Oracle Advanced Security (OAS), including support for ten additional encryption algorithms.
To check out the driver for yourself, click below!